Sunday, April 14, 2013

Crank Comments


In the beginning, I clicked something that allowed web crawlers to find this blog. It sounded like a good idea.

Actually, I have no idea what web crawlers are.

I started getting comments on my posts! How exciting.

Except they were fake.

You can tell because they always have some bizarrely named link in them.

Some are just random text, like this one:

Therе iѕ no јoy such as the joy of harvestіng fіsh
from your oωn perѕonal backyaгԁ, not
only thе satiѕfaction of гаіsіng fish neverthelesѕ thе knowleԁge why theѕе fish arе сlеaner and heаlthy sourсe of protein.

Some, while staying general, try to be very flattering:

You ought tο tаke pаrt in a contest for one of the grеаtest blοgs online.
I will highly recommend thіs web site!

This one, though, made me think there was actually a real person at the other end:

Today, I went to the beachfront with my children.

I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and
said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed.

There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!

LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

Blogger provides tantalizing, yet frustrating, information on the people (or whatever) who click on your blog, like what country they are from. (But not, for example, if those 25 hits from Israel are one person looking at 25 pages or 25 people clicking once and deciding it’s crap.)

And apparently, one of my most prolific spammers is from Sweden. Gosh, I thought Swedes didn’t do stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment