Tuesday, April 3, 2018

There Are Good People Out There

I write for a group of super-local, small magazines, called The Buzz Magazines, here in Houston.

I do it for fun and I also like to think that, maybe, something I write ends up being helpful to someone.

And the people I like best to talk to, and whom I admire so much, are people who are willing to talk about their own struggles, problems and dark times, in the hopes of helping others.

The latest time I did that was for this month's article on young adults and alcoholism.

But I also admire the people I spoke with about finding your birth family, having learning differences as an adult, dealing with dementia in yourself or in a family member, trying to find a functionally disabled family member a happy life and dealing with a devastating illness.

In this dismal time, when so many seem to be afraid of and in competition with everyone around them, grabbing all they can for themselves, like starving dogs, it's nice to know there are still good people around. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment